True value of freedom..

On Independence day every normal human being would hoist their flag or sing their anthem or posts something on social network or just sit at home and enjoy the holiday. This is what I normally used to do every year. But this year 15th Aug 2012 was totally different for me. I learned the true value of freedom after being captive. Even though this captivity was for just 10 minutes; it was real hard to spend those minutes.

Folks at home had gone out and I was the only one at home. I usually lock the front door from inside and did the same. I went out to the balcony to take a photo of a housefly and wasn't getting a proper angle. The slider door of the balcony was in my way, so pushed it off and took a pic. And this is when it flashed that the slider has gone all the way and got locked. There was no way to open the slider door from outside. The front door was locked from inside and all the keys of all the door were inside. I was totally dumb-struck and was on a balcony with no way to escape out or enter into the house.

There were a lot of thoughts that came through my mind. I wanted to get out of that place, no matter how hard or how impossible it was. I was even ready to climb down to the floor below. Even though the jump was impossible, I was considering that. At that moment, I felt the real emotions of being captive and not being able to do anything. Well eventually I came out, using my brain and my muscles. Due to security reasons, I cannot state the way I escaped this captivity. But once I came out, I was full of life and full of love for freedom. That's when I realized how hard it was for those Indians back then being ruled by the English and how it felt on 15th August 1947. My freedom was very very small, but I did enjoy it a lot. Back then it would have been massive and that's the sole reason we are still celebrating; even though we, the current generation, were never a captive of the British.

On the Indian Independence day of year 2012 I truly learned the value of freedom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the Childhood..

Developer Vs Tester - Part II

My first 500 KM..