Feeling Inspired..


Finding inspiration is one of the toughest things these days. People depend on famous people quotes or works to get inspired. There are many talks and sessions conducted just for this cause. In between all these we tend to forget common people acts, with which one can get inspired. Recently I had one inspiration like this. It was a common man like us who inspired me.

There is this guy in the housekeeping staff in my office, his action on that day inspired me a lot. Just to give a background on him; he is one of the very friendly housekeeping staff member. He normally enjoys his work, I have never seen him being sad at workplace. Greets many people with a broad smile every day in and day out.

One day we had a mobile charger lying in our cubicle. For fun I had put up a post-it (as shown in the picture above). He came to me to ask what was that I had written on both the post-its. After explaining him, I offered him that charger and told him that was for free. He refused to take it and said he would not take free item and free items would also not last long. I was really impressed by his action. Even though this act seems normal, I took the positive out of this one. Many would argue saying that the charger might not be useful for him or it might also be a non worthy item or he might not have a different mobile. But refusal to accept free stuff, that's a principle which I saw in him and admired. 

People these days are so greedy, they would demand free stuff and when given they would ask for their family. When an item is for sale with a free gift attached it will be sold more. Such is the kind of state that we humans live in. Well many might disagree with this, but the percentage of people wanting free stuff is growing at an alarming rate. At such a time, there are still people who want to earn whatever they want. Meeting such people and witnessing their actions surely does put a smile on my face and restores the faith in humanity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the Childhood..

My first 500 KM..

Developer Vs Tester - Part II