Hour of my DESIRE!!!

28-Mar-2009 8:30PM to 9:30PM was my hour of desire. From when I started to understand electrical engineering, all I had dreamt of was having a "Black Day". I always wanted to make a Sunday a black day by taking out the power of the whole world, I am still trying to achieve some power to fulfill this dream.

Some days before 28-Mar-2009, I heard that a small minute part of my dream was coming to life. They announced that on 28-Mar-2009 8:30PM to 9:30PM was the "EARTH HOUR". I could not control my happiness when a part of my dream was becoming reality.

I even promoted about it to a few of my friends. On the D-day, some where around 1Hr before the earth hour, a small group of kids (less than 12 years old) came to my home and reminded us about the earth hour. They were the kids of the neighbors in our street, they went to each and every house and reminded the people about the earth hour. I really felt proud of those kids.

At 8:25PM, I switched the mains off. In my family it was important coz it had a Electrical Engineer and a Environmentalist.

My family decide to sit outside the house and have a chat. When I went out all I saw was that my house was the only one which was switched off. Then in our street only a few switched off by somewhere around 8:45PM. I was really pissed off by the response from the people in our street. Those kids came out and started to shout at the house which were not switched off. At that movement I thought "The next generation was pleading the past and the present generation to save the earth for them to live on". The numb skulls in our street did not understand the meaning of saving earth. They did not switch off anything. The kids cry went out in vain.

I cant really blame the people of my street fully coz most of them are shitheads. If I have to really blame someone they would be Bangalore Electrical Dept. and the Television Channels. Only if either one of them had made a black out, most of them would have celebrated the earth hour.

With a lot of mixed emotions at 9:45PM I switched on the lights and resumed my normal life. The Earth hour, an hour of my desire came to end. All I ask everyone of my readers is that please celebrate this hour at least once in a year.

Black Day of my dreams, is still not in reality. But the day is not far.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the Childhood..

Developer Vs Tester - Part II

My first 500 KM..