A Ride, Mahadevapura (Mandya)..

This was one of the most unplanned ride that I have ever been on. It was decided on Saturday 7th April late night. Me and my bro-in-law, Vijay with our bikes Royal Enfield Thunderbird and Royal Enfield Classic started off on 8th April at 7 AM. Though the place was a blissful scenic beauty, the whole plan was to concentrate more on riding our demons.
The Royal rides
I wanted to reach as high speeds as possible on this trip. From the start itself, the odometer was wavering between 80 and 100 kmph. I was pushing it hardest with my very mediocre bike riding skills. That wasn't actually the case for my bro-in-law. He was a pro, in other words he had the skills to actually even perform stunts. It wasn't something new for him, but on this Classic it was his first trip. He was reaching top speeds without a sweat and also cruised through the traffic. On the way to Mahadevapura, the max that I reached was 110 kmph. It was a dream come true, when I touched 110 for the first time, but then I was reaching it more often. The bike was so smooth, it felt as if I was flying in clouds. We then reached the place, it was a really beautiful place. The river Cauvery, was so calm. We fell into the river, and was in it for almost two hours. The hot sun with a cold river was a perfect way to calm down the tensions in the head.
Mahadevapura (A Scenic beauty)

Next was the ride back home. The Sun was right on our heads, trying to burn us down to ashes; this didn't stop us to get on our bikes. We had planned to stop for lunch at Maddur. And on the way, I was finally able to reach my top speed. The 120 kmph mark, it was amazing feeling. Though I rode at 120 for less than a minute due to the stupid traffic, it was totally worth it. Fist pumping the air, I felt like God. I was then stuck in traffic and Vijay overtook me and then we only met near nice road. He drove off so fast that I wasn't able to catch him and with the traffic I was stuck all the way. Then we met up near the nice road, had a drink and left home.

This 250+ km ride was more remarkable one for me, coz for a person who learned riding less than a year ago. It was real great achievement for me to reach a top speed of 120 kmph and also ride my bike so long in a single day.

(I have put this blog post for "The Castrol Power1 Bikers Code" contest in IndiBlog www.facebook.com/CastrolBiking)

Comments

  1. Wow man nice blog!! Relived the whole trip in my head in 30 secs ... would love to ride again with you... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would never say no to you for any trip.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always to the point, good one.

    Expecting one more blog in this series describing only about thrills and excitement when you hit 120 Kph(little bollywoodish ;)).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks.. :)

    Will see if I can put those emotions into words...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the Childhood..

Developer Vs Tester - Part II

My first 500 KM..