A Hype.

"You know when there's someone new on the rise and there's too much hype? I didn't want that to be me." -- Shannyn Sossamon.

This all started in my PU, I still remember those days, I had been for a inter college contest. In this I had made a FM transmitter, the judges came along to check all the experiments and they were very happy with what I had made. Everyone from my college and all those in that room surely thought that I was going to be at least in the top 3. In the end during the results I learned that I did not even get a consolation price. I was a lot disappointed back then, but now when I look back on that incident; I think I was just a hype. A hype so huge it almost seems real!

Next one was during my exams. In the class I used to be the nerdy kinda guy who used to answer many question raised by the lecturer. I taught my friends a few times on a few topics. So with all this data, I was hyped to score good marks in exams but here I turned out to be an average performer. Similar thing happened during my Infy training also. Again a hype which did not rise for the occasion.

Now the work. Trust me folks anyone who has worked with me or been my friends here at work, will tell u that I am one of the technically strong people out there. When I get my rating from my manager, I get 2. Every one of my friends will console with me for not getting 1. One incident in the office that was like shit on my face was this. I was nominated for a power programmer award, this time around there was a change and none of the nominees got any award, they said none deserved it. Still only a hype huh?!

Quest for a new Job. This hurt me the most and I felt really bad. I had been to two interview till now, I have been ducked out in the first round itself. The first round is always the technical written test. In the first one I thought I had done well but did not get selected. But in the second I realized that it was my lack of knowledge and over confidence that destroyed my chance.
As my co-workers consider me to be technically strong, I also do consider myself as one now. This is the over confidence that has been killing me for a long time. Now finally realization of me being a hype.

Every time around I ended up being just a Hype. Now I need to recover from this, the way that I am gonna implement is by following this 'Consider yourself as good for nothin before every single challenge'. I am gonna be a hype so huge that the world can't ignore this hype anymore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the Childhood..

Developer Vs Tester - Part II

My first 500 KM..