Control-Freak Parents


This is again a post about one of my relatives. I have seen them being control-freak from past 5 to 6 years. Lately their controlling has become even more worse as to annoy everyone around them. Though if I say to them in their face they wont agree. But the fact about these control-freak people is that everyone other than them will know that they are controlling things.

Dealing with people who are control freaks itself is tough enough. But what if they are parents? I dunno how that kid feels being bullied around, but I really felt bad for him. And so some day if they (parent or kid) read this and understand their mistakes, yeah that serves the purpose of this post.

Here I would be stating a few instances where in the parent controlled their kid, just because they felt like. Once I had gone shopping with them and there the kid liked a shirt so much that he wore it and I could see the happiness and all of a sudden from nowhere the Mom came and ordered him to take it off, I couldn't reason that behavior; but I think it was coz the Mom did not choose it and the kid all by himself chose it. On another occasion I asked the kid what was his future study plans. It wasn't the kid who answered, but the father answered. And I even advised the father to take the kid's opinion once, but he said that his word is the final word. I was shocked, as when compared to my parents they were just opposite. The freedom that my parents have given me has made me what I am today.

Till date he dresses so retro that even elder people would say that his fashion is outdated. He doesn't have desire of his own, even when he is alone without his parents controlling him. He doesn't even know the word freedom, I think; coz even when he is online in social networking sites he takes opinion of his mom. He doesn't even understand that some things like eating, studying and all has to be his choice.

Not that the kid might end up in a wrong place or in a wrong state, but I think he would live a life of his parents rather than his very own.

Comments

  1. Parents OR whosoever.. are blocking that kid's self learning ability, logical thinking, exploring nature... which is definitely not gud for the kid's future, may be the kid adapts to this kind of domination and controlling and would forever forget the way to lead life independently, make decisions, take risks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly, there is a limit even in controlling kids...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the Childhood..

Developer Vs Tester - Part II

My first 500 KM..