Star of the Month..

A person who did something exceptional for that month and is duly recognized. Thus the star of month came into existence or that's what I do think. This is supposed to be a motivational thing for the star and the others. The star will try to retain it the next month and the others try to get it off him. This is how it is supposed to work or so did I think.

During my school days I used to get a lot of awards, but wasn't worried as I had a lot of then every year. Then I came to college, where in I participated in a few competitions and did not win any. So the college was the start of my barren stretch of not being in the spotlight for even a single month. For a span of 6 years in the college, I was never in any kinda spotlight; I just assumed that studying was not my cup of cake, so I cant be in any kinda spotlight in the college.

Then when I started to work, I was really confident and I even thought that this is what I was born to do. So I was expecting a lot of recognition. In my previous company, there was an award every quarter. I was really happy that if it wasn't this time I always had a chance to get to spotlight next time around. But none of my hard and worthy works were recognized, kept on trying till i left the company but never ever was recognized. At this point of time I stopped trying to be the star for even a moment.

Few days ago I joined the gym. As I was tired of being fat and unfit, thought let me do something different. There were lot of people who were working real hard, so I decided to work as hard as possible and BAM! this hard was recognized so soon that I finally, after a barren run of 9 years, I became the star of the month. This is no special award and all, but it is to recognize people who have lost/gained more weight during that month and their names would be put up on a wall. On Sunday they had put my name on that wall, I wasn't just happy, but I was on cloud nine. Though this seemed to be a real real tiny accomplishment, but it is enough for me to be motivated... 

And this is how I became the star of the month again... :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the Childhood..

Developer Vs Tester - Part II

My first 500 KM..