Infy - My way in...

It was in 6th sem of BE, the round of campus interviews started. The first company was TCS, then Wipro and the third was Infy. It was that Sunday May 14th 2006, when it all started.

TCS first round, the written test, was on Sunday. I did not clear the first round itself as the English question asked was of a standard which was way higher than mine, I had to pick one of the four and all my answers were guesses.

Monday morning It was WIPRO. I made an improvement from the previous one and I cleared the first round. Then was the technical interview, I did not clear this round as I was unaware of many question asked. I was devastated that time. My moral was thrown deep down into hell as many of my friends cleared. I was so absent minded the whole day, still remember the small accident on the road that I had. The next day was TCS' next set of interviews so I stayed at home studying C.

The D-day was Wednesday [17-Mar-2006], I went to the college at 9AM. Many of my class mates were studying real hard. I reached them and for my surprise they were all reading puzzles. I was shocked coz the whole of last night I studied C. With this low confidence, I went to write the first round, which consisted only of puzzles. Only one thing was running in my mind that I had to clear this round by any means.The puzzles were pretty simple I answered all of them with full explanation. I was fully confident that I would clear it, then it was time for the results and I had cleared it. Also I learned that there was no technical round; the next one was HR round. My preparation of the technical stuff went in vain. Waited the whole of afternoon and evening. Then came my turn at somewhere around 8PM. The HR was very beautiful, that's what I saw at first but then realized that I was not in a park for sight seeing. HR round went through fine with some puzzles and some questions on leadership. At 11PM I got the news that I had cleared the whole process. That day I was so happy that given a chance I would have jumped up to the sky.

My way in was done....

Comments

  1. Dey Bhai, u felt bad for not getting selected in first 2 company. But now im feeling bad for getting in that first company itself. One thing Macha, wat ever company u get selected doesn't matter the way u r in that company matters.

    I know infy is ur first company so while leaving it u will be having a small sentiment on it. but this is life u need to move on macha. All the best for ur next turn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya macha that's true. All that matters is what we do inside the company.

    I do feel kinda separated from something special, since this was my first one... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But what we did inside in infy, will never happen again... :-) I bet

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the Childhood..

Developer Vs Tester - Part II

My first 500 KM..