The Realization [A video in the making]

It all started on that evening; Yeshwanth came up with this idea for entering the video making competition its theme was 'Save Water'. Not even thinking once I said yes; I was really excited to act.

The next time when we met at the coffee corner, me and Yeshwanth came up with a base story. Then Raghava, Shailesh and Manohar added their part in it. Now the story was nearly done. I was assigned the task of Scripting. Still remember the first discussion of the script. It was me, Yeshwanth and Raghava argued for some 2 hrs and most of it in vain. Finally the script was totally handed over to me. But I was only able to write it for two scenes and then Yeshwanth did the other one. Yeshwanth took the role of the cameraman.

The second scene was shot first. The location was Subway, Infy, B'lore. It was me, Raghava, Manohar [The three most important characters in the story] with us was Shailesh, Tanvi and Soumya. This scene went well with many shots. It was time for editing, trust me without Vinod I wouldn't have done even a single thing. Once I started that off I realized editing was no joke. Also got to know that the scenes with lesser pieces are better to edit.

Lesson learnt and then started off with the first scene. This was in two parts one the morning and other the night. This went out real smooth and this was really easy to edit also. In this scene Sudeep was added to the cast. The location was Men's Restroom and Cubicle.

Then came the last and the most powerful scene of all. In this Gayathri joined the crew. In this Shailesh was the cameraman and Yeshwanth was acting. This was one easy scene which took loads of shots. At the end we finally got a shot which was 90% perfect, at the end Gayathri started to laugh and some 7 shots were ruined. Finally some how got the shots that was required for editing.

At last we had one pic to depict the letter W. In this Sushma was featured.

Then the title and credits. Both were designed by Vinod, hats off to him. He did everything as I wanted it to, thanks a lot bro. Then finally made the video and submitted it for the competition. Though the video did not win a thing but had fun making it.

When my friends and family saw the video most of them was supportive and some even did fun of it, all I said to them was 'It doesn't matter if its bad, none of you even tried to make one'....

Without these folks I would not have had my first video.
  • Yeshwanth (For the idea)
  • Raghava
  • Shailesh
  • Manohar
  • Tanvi
  • Soumya
  • Sudeep
  • Gayathri
  • Sushma
  • Vinod (For Editing)

Here is the video.. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_NuU_wVBM8]

Comments

  1. Hey Macha, Infact i should thank you for getting me the opportunity. Since it is first Video no one can expect every thing to be as a 100% perfect so never mind for silly comments(infact even i have given few).

    But a nice attempt from you bcos i never expect you doing some work like this. So come up with some more ideas, will do it for our next movie :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sunil who worked hard in making video neat and clean. The first time i watched, i was shocked to see, wowwwww so great.....It was video perfect....... Kudos to all, who put lot of time and effort and ideas to make it one of the life time and first video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Without Vinod and Sunil the video would not have been a success story.
    Nevertheless everyone who were part of it deserves a big clap...
    Thanks guys for making it happen :0

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the Childhood..

Developer Vs Tester - Part II

My first 500 KM..