A beggar's need!

Begging in India is not something new. Whether its the metros or the sub-urban towns we have beggars everywhere. We can see them in every corner of the road, in every signal, in front of the temples and malls; literally everywhere. Its now become a concept, where one can gain money easily. This is the reason I don't pay them. But I have learnt a lot from them and this is one of the lessons.

Today when I was coming back from work, at a traffic signal, I saw a small boy who was begging to all the people in that signal. A few did not and a few did pay a rupee to him. Then he came by my bus. He stood there asking for some time and none paid. A person from the back seat gave that kid a rupee, thanking him he continued his job. Next a person in the front gave him 10 Rupees, now he was really happy. He thanked him and got on the footpath. The smile on his face said a lot. It was not just a smile but a sigh of relief and a satisfaction. Then he did not ask anyone else and he went off. At that time I could only think of his satisfying smile of seeing 10 bucks. Though we have so much money, our greed is never satisfied. Since we have a lot, we want more. Why can't we be satisfied with what we have? Why can't we be happy with little, why more always?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the Childhood..

Developer Vs Tester - Part II

My first 500 KM..