SAP TechEd 2010 - Track Management

At first when I heard it I was amazed as I was assigned a role called Track Manager. Then my friend explained me my responsibilities. Later I felt like a ticket collector in a cinema hall. Yes I did feel like this till I actually got to the place. But once it started I did not feel like a collector anymore I felt like a owner of that room. It was really a great experience where I had put my organizational skills to test. As our MD said this is a job which really puts one's leadership skills at test.

For each of the room (or tracks as they call), there were 4 people assigned. The track manager, Usher, Audio line boy (I called him Mic-Boy) and a security. Each one of them who were assigned to my room was a specimen. The Usher was kinda leader of their group and had lot of responsibility, also he loved playing cricket in mobile and was totally into it. The Mic-boy was an expert in dealing with the audio and video, so he was always wanted by other rooms also. Last and the best, the security and me did not have any common language. He knew Urdu and Telugu and I did not know those two. So the communication was more of prehistoric hand gesture style.

The event was for three days. But we had to work for 4, coz one day was dry-run day for the speakers. All these days was tiring, coz I had to manage people. It was really good. It was just like managing a cinema hall. Not much of physical work, but a lot of leadership skills required as the audience were of higher quality than that of a cinema hall. The Usher and the security took care of letting in people and help me control the crowd outside the room. The audio and video did not have a problem during the whole three days.

The best part of this who event for me was the lecture sessions and meeting new people. Before this event I knew only a few people in the company. Now after the event I know a lot of people here also I made some new friends over here. An event which I will attend for the last time as it was too tiring. But yeah enjoyed my first and last one. We also got some goodies for the job. As seen from the pic, we got t-shirt and a bag.. :)

All of us (the track managers)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the Childhood..

Developer Vs Tester - Part II

My first 500 KM..