Journey Back Home 1

14th Aug 2008, I left my office at 8:30:10 PM. It was raining heavily, and heard that there was very very heavy traffic jam on the way. So I thought that it would take at least 2:30 hrs to reach home. So did my normal jobs which I do everyday in the bus.

At 10:11:25 PM the bus crossed corporation, towards majestic. Well, that's where every thing stopped. The traffic was so much that the bus just moved 10-15 mtrs in some 1 hr.

Now I came to know that my friend was also in the same bus. And due to this traffic jam, I made some new friends in the bus. AT 11:22:50 PM; me, my friend and other new friends decide to step out of the bus and walk till we find some clear road and then get an auto and head home. We were out of the bus and started walking, but on the way we came to know that there was traffic jam even for walking! It was really bad walking (jumping around) on the stagnant water on the road sides. The footpaths were crowded with people and autos.

After we walked a bit, for our surprise, we found another Infosys bus. The driver didn't wanted to let us in, but we convinced him and got into the bus. In the bus we came to know that the bus had left Infosys at 7:15:00 PM. At last we had a sigh of relief, that we were not the only one suffering.

'We celebrated our Independence day on the road'. Then at last I reached home at 12:30:00 AM on 15th Aug 2008. The final destination was reached. My journey back home was great but troublesome.

Comments

  1. 4 hrs to reach home ????????? its nearly 50% of expected work hours !!!!!

    Pathetic, !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was way worse than what anyone can imagine...

    It needs to be experienced!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can never forget this day ... i reached home at 1.00 AM on 15th aug 2008.
    thanks to the traffic and rain........ i realized then that i should never take the 9.00 PM bus when there is a link holiday.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the Childhood..

Developer Vs Tester - Part II

My first 500 KM..